Stanley Sargent, DDS, FAGD*
Dr. Sargent earned his DDS from Northwestern University Dental School in Illinois (1978), and has further extensive education in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of conditions, disorders and diseases affecting the teeth and gums. He moved to Spokane to setup his solo practice in general dentistry, which he operates to this day. Dr. Sargent was one of the first General Dentists in the US to be certified for Invisalign orthodontic braces (Align Technology, Inc.), and one of the first in Spokane to be certified to restore implants, of which he remains active in research. In 2006 he became certified to administer BOTOX for both migraines and wrinkles, and lip augmentation fillers (Juviderm, Restalyne) by the original researcher, Dr. Howard Katz. In 2007, he became certified to place dental implants, and was the first Gold Partner level general dentist in Eastern Washington with Noble Biocare LLC, the original and largest manufacturer of dental implants. He has been awarded a topDentists award for Family Dentistry three years in a row (2009, 2010 and 2011), nominated by his peers.
At present, he serves on the surgical staff at Deaconess Medical Center and Sacred Heart Medical Center, providing consult to cardiologists, and in consultation, examination and pre-surgical oral rehabilitation of patients prior to kidney transplants. He is also on the team for the Inland Northwest Thoracic Organ Transplant Program (heart transplants) at SHMC.
Dr. Sargent has been married to his wife Margo since 1978 and they have two daughters. He enjoys tennis, reading, fly-fishing, traveling, W.S.U. sports (he is an alumni) and Gonzaga basketball. Go Zags!
- 1992–1995—Board of Trustees, Spokane Area Chamber of Commerce
- 1991–1992—Chairman of the Board, Leadership Spokane
- 1986–1996—participating dentist for the Spokane Community Centers' dental care program
- 1988–1990—Board of Directors, Leadership Spokane
- 1987–1990—Board of Directors, American Cancer Society, Spokane area
- 1987–1988—President, Spokane District Dental Society (previously: Peer Review Committee, Program Committee, Government and Health Committee, Parliamentarian, Executive Council, Treasurer and Secretary)
- 1985–1987—Board of Directors, Health Systems Agency for Spokane County
- 1985—District Chairman, iDent program (sponsored by WSDA, focused on removable prosthesis-marking)
- 1981–1986—Board member, Spokane Health and Tel-Med
*Fellow Academy of General Dentistry